- You should read this policy in full, but here are a few key things we hope you take
away from it:
- AquaEasy will never sell your data.
- When you choose to onboard with us, we ask you for your name, email, phone number and preferred language so that we can keep your account secure and be able to provide you a customized experience based on your region.
- When you use AquaEasy (either via Web or Android App), we collect some personal information from you like the type of device you’re using and your IP address. We use this data to make decisions on what type of screens do we need to support and the range of Operating System versions.
- We save the data coming from your farm e.g. location of your farm, water quality parameters, employee names and their roles. This data is controlled by you and can be edited or deleted at any time. The data can also be exported and provided to you on request.
- We also use the water quality information to run analytics thereby helping you make better decisions.
- If you have questions about this policy, how we collect or process your personal data, or anything else related to our privacy practices, we want to hear from you. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What is Personal Data?
Personal data refers to data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data; or from that data and other information to which an organization has or is likely to have access.
- Personal Data we collect
We collect personal data from you when you provide consent to us. With your prior consent, the personal data which AquaEasy may collect about you including but not limited to the following:
- Basic Account Information: This includes a display name, a username, a password, an email address (for important communications related to your account) and phone number (to send you important water quality alerts)
- Farm Information: Basic farm information, such as name of your farm, number of ponds, name of the ponds, area and location of the ponds
- Photos and videos shared by you on the AquaEasy platform
- Location Data to provide you accurate weather reports and contextual information
- Water Quality Data collected for your ponds using our sensors
- Farming Operations Data entered in our system to manage your Farm
- Log Data such as IP Address, browser type, mobile phone type, pages visited, search terms
- How do we use your Personal Data
With your prior consent, we will collect and use your personal data for the purpose of carrying out our business including but not limited to the following:
- To enable you to access and/or use any service we provide, our website(s) and/or mobile applications
- To verify your identify when you access and/or use any service we provide, our website(s) and/or mobile application
- To process your personal data for purposes such as accounting, billing and auditing
- Products and services development
- Customer services and administration including registering and managing warranties, responding to complaints, enquiries, comments and requests, performing after-sales services, assessing and responding to consumer or product reviews
- Surveys, service satisfaction, feedback, market research, sales promotions and marketing activities
- Technical administration of our website(s) or mobile application
- Complying with laws and our legal obligations
If you wish to withdraw your consent to allow us to use your personal data in the future, you may write to us by contacting our Data Protection Officer via email to email@example.com.
- Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We work together with a number of third parties including our related companies. We have chosen these third parties carefully to keep your personal data safe. We may need to disclose to, or share your personal data with these third parties, some of which may be located overseas, including but not limited to the following:
- To our holding company, subsidiaries, associated, affiliates and/or related companies within Bosch group of companies in other jurisdictions;
- To third parties such as our authorised agents, representatives, intermediaries, contractors, independent contractors, product dealers/distributors/representatives (including through their online platforms/marketplaces), third party service providers, mobile application service providers, external advisors and consultants to provide services including but not limited to hosting services, programming services, sales and marketing services, data analytics, legal services, media agency services, maintenance and repair of product services and/or customer contact centre services to us and/or for and on our behalf;
- To any social media website(s) or mobile application such as Facebook, Instagram and LINE for the purpose to create customised audiences for targeted marketing; and
- Where disclosure is otherwise authorised or required by courts, arbitrations, tribunals and regulatory authorities in accordance with laws.
- Quality and Security of Your Personal Data
- We strive to do our best to protect your personal data and take reasonable steps and efforts to ensure that the personal data we collect are accurate, up-to-date and complete, and when being used or disclosed, relevant for the purpose of the use or disclosure. However, please help us to maintain the quality of your personal data by updating the data if you believe that the personal data which AquaEasy holds about you may be inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date or irrelevant
- We have the necessary security measures in place to protect the personal data we hold against misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We will also take reasonable steps and efforts to ensure that the personal data disclose, transfer or share with our third party service providers is protected at the same level. But unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and safe. Although we will use best reasonable efforts to protect your personal data, we are unable to guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted through this website(s) or mobile application; any transmission is at your own risk
- We encourage you to be careful and protect your personal data when using our website(s) or mobile application. In the event of cyber-crime, loss, or damage of your personal data that is beyond our reasonable control, we will not be held responsible for such actions in any manner whatsoever directly or indirectly
- If we have provided (or you have chosen) a password which allows you to access various parts of our website(s) or mobile application, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of that password. We request you not to disclose the use of the password to any third party in any manner whatsoever directly or indirectly
- Our security procedures, if necessary, will be continually enhanced as and when new technology becomes available
- We are also committed not sell or rent your personal data with any third parties
- Data processing on the website
- Our website(s) or mobile application uses a browser feature known as “cookies”. When you visit our website(s) or mobile application, our web server(s) will automatically record the following information:
- date of the access;
- time and length of the access;
- URL of the linking website or mobile application;
- name of your internet service provider;
- websites or mobile application you actually visit;
- files accessed;
- browser type and version;
- operating system;
- IP address (anonymised)
- We also allow Facebook and/or Instagram and/or LINE and/or Google to use third party cookies on our website(s) or mobile application to target advertising to you when you visit our website(s) or mobile application and other social media accounts platforms
- To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit, allaboutcookies.org
- In order to help us design our website(s) or mobile application appropriately, we may collect usage data relating to your visit to our website(s) or mobile application using analytics cookies and other technologies. As part of this, we record the mouse movements and clicks of randomly selected users of our website(s) or mobile application. Your IP address is anonymised as a matter of course. The resultant log of your use of our website(s) or mobile application is randomly analysed so that we can derive potential improvements for our website(s) or mobile application
- We use third party service providers, for the purpose of collecting this usage data
- Name: Google Analytics
Provider: Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland
Function: Analysis of user behavior (page retrievals, number of visitors and visits, downloads), creation of pseudonymous user profiles based on cross-device information of logged-in Google users (cross-device tracking), enrichment of pseudonymous user data with target group-specific information provided by Google, retargeting, UX testing, conversion tracking, and retargeting in conjunction with Google Ads
- Name: Google Tag Manager
Provider: Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland
Function: Administration of website tags via a user interface, integration of program codes on our websites
- Your Right to access, complete, correct, update, and transfer your Personal Data
- You may generally access or request personal data which AquaEasy holds about you, and you may request us to correct, update, delete, suspend and/or anonymise your personal data which you believe is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading
- To make such request, please contact our Data Protection Officer at the particulars provided below. We may need to ask you a few questions in order to verify your identity before we can respond to your request. If we are unable to provide access to, or correct or update your personal data, we will inform you in writing of our reasons and how you may take the matter further if you are not satisfied with our decision
- How long BSH will keep your Personal data
We will take reasonable steps and efforts to ensure that we will keep your personal data for the duration of the contractual obligations or as required by the relevant laws.
- Protection of minors
If you are below age of majority which is 21 years old, please do not send any of your personal data to us without consent from your parents or legal representatives.
- Contact Details for questions relating to your Personal data
If you have any questions about how AquaEasy handles your personal data, or if you are concerned that we may have breached your privacy and wish to make a complaint, please put your complaint in writing and send it by mail or email to our Data Protection Officer using the details below. We will investigate your complaint and will notify you of a decision in relation to your complaint as soon as practicable after it has been made.